Thursday, December 25, 2008

The War On Chistmas Continues

'Santa' gunman in fatal LA attack

A man dressed as Santa Claus has opened fire at a Christmas party near the US city of Los Angeles, killing at least three people and starting a fire.

The local coroner's office said there could be "several" more bodies in the ashes of the blaze.

The shooting took place at a party on Christmas Eve in the suburb of Covina.

Police named Bruce Jeffrey Pardo, 45, as a suspect and later said his body had been identified at his brother's house in the Sylmar area.

Police believe Mr Pardo may have killed himself but would not reveal the circumstances of his death.

Burnt out

Mr Pardo was the estranged husband of a woman who may have been at the party, officers said.

Covina is about 25 miles (40km) east of Los Angeles.

The gunman opened fire with a hand gun on about 30 guests after arriving on Wednesday night, police said. He removed the Santa suit and left in casual clothing.

The subsequent fire gutted the two-storey home.

Among those injured were two girls, aged eight and 13.

LA County coroner's official Ed Winter said investigators had found more bodies in the ashes but would not say how many.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7799809.stm

Published: 2008/12/25 18:22:58 GMT

© BBC MMVIII
Post a Comment