Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sen. Harry Reid: Build NYC mosque somewhere else

BostonHerald.com: "WASHINGTON - The Senate’s top Democrat yesterday slammed plans to build a mosque near the site of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, distancing himself from President Obama on the controversial election-year issue.

Locked in a tight race, Nevada Sen. Harry Reid became the highest profile Democrat to reject Obama’s support to build a mosque where more than 3,000 people died in terrorist attacks orchestrated by Muslim extremists.

“The First Amendment protects freedom of religion,” said Jim Manley, a Reid spokesman. “Sen. Reid respects that, but thinks that the mosque should be built some place else.”"

Snip

Thanks for reminding us what a hopeless example of leadership you are Harry. Reminder Senator, you swore this oath six years ago:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.


I did not know that there was an opt out on solemn oaths for Mormons. Behold the power of the magic underwear.

No comments: