Saturday, December 24, 2011

Oh No!! What A Foolish Thing To Say

“It’s interesting…. Deep down underneath all the work I do, I think there’s a laziness in me,” Obama said. “It’s probably from growing up in Hawaii, and it’s sunny outside. Sitting on the beach.”

Snip

Oh no,

I just read the Atlantic article, what the fudge? How does a consummate politician like Barack Obama deliver such a bone-headed quote? From the small bit revealed by the piece, this looks like a Barbra Walters fluff job, a bit of Presidential suck up and “human interest story” tossed to the viewers as a bit of Christmas candy. Babara even tried to save Obama from the foolish quote.

What a huge gift this is to every racist, crypto racist, bigot, Obamaphobe, and right wing whack-a-loon out there. Does Obama not get how power packed and dangerous a word like “lazy” is for a man of his skin tone? He going to see this Lazy quote again, and again, and again, and again, and again. Was his brain in the “Off” position?

 Obama just gave a huge Christmas gift to every right wing chuckle-head out there. Lazy? Are you serious Mr. President? You went THERE? Oh my stars and garters, I must retire to the fainting couch. Be a dear, and make my usual drink extra strong, light on the ice. Mercy!

No comments: