Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Vladivostok, Hello!!

This very humble blog site has been blessed with a very active Russian audience; which is odd since your faithful reporter does not speak a word of the Slavic language. Still this has not prevented our fan, Mr. Anonymus, from attempting to comment on various posts. I'm sure the provided links are absolutely germain to the subject at hand; but just on the slight possibility they may not be very helpful, we have sent them to the great big spam file in the sky.

I hope the real flesh and blood commenters do keep on coming to the site, and are patient with delay in getting your contributions added. Your faithful reporter reads and approves every comment on the site and will continue to do so until this option becomes impractical.

3 comments:

Paul Sunstone said...

You seem to know the same intrepid Russian as I do. He tries my site about seven times a day -- and yet my site is only two weeks old.

I have no problem with waiting for comments to be approved. Just so you know.

Cujo359 said...

Yes, I wouldn't worry. On the plus side, this means you get to see every comment we leave.

What I did was use the captcha, and then put any post older than two weeks in moderation. That's a nice feature of Blogspot. That way, real anonymous people can leave comments, and fake ones, generally, cannot.

Unknown said...

I don't use captcha Cujo359, at least not yet. I find it annoying as I almost always have to go two or three attempts in. I have seen non blogger sites use stuff like "what is two plus two and then have a box for the answer. I wish that blogger had an option like that. Trying to make heads or tails out of those weird wobbly letters and words that captcha uses is always an exercise in frustration for me.